Photography & Writings by Jerry Katz

HOME


All 5000+ pages on Nonduality.com may be accessed here and here.

SPONSORS


ONE, by Jerry Katz

Photography by Jerry Katz

Dr. Robert Puff

THE NATURAL BLISS OF BEING

       

Rupert Spira

DISSOLVED, Tarun Sardana

HIGH JUMP, Tarun Sardana


Greg Goode -
After Awareness: The End of the Path





 

 

Nonduality Salon (/\)

Highlights #365

Click here to go to the next issue.


...Nonduality Salon is a Guru, a
Holo-Guru, if you wish. Like a holistic image, if any part
of it is removed, the whole remains; and in this holistic
entity parts are coming and going all the time. The whole
remains, and it becomes clear that the whole is everyone
within and beyond any list.

When I see lists of Gurus and givers of Satsang, I wish
they'd include Nonduality Salon, or at least consider it.

Jerry
________________________________________________________________________________\
______

LARRY BIDDINGER:


Analysis has proven itself incapable of finding anything; so it has
therefore disqualified itself as a viable means of determining truth or
determining anything at all.

Larry
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

RAMESH BALSEKAR:

Once it is seen that volition is not only unnecessary but illusory, it
becomes obvious that in
order to see something which is already there, no effort is valid.
Effort to realize Truth is futile because Truth is all there is.
Everything IS Truth.
One must abandon the cleverness of reason for bewilderment,
which is intuition or reliance on the innate principle of BEING



________________________________________________________________________________\
______


MICHAEL READ:

Free will. What is your view of this issue?
------------------------
Who Dares to Ask?

I created space and all dimensions, realities and beings.
I animated them with Myself.
Nothing else would do.
There was nothing else but Me.

The Mystery of You and I!
Do enjoy it!
Make choices if that is your will.
Follow your destiny if you can find it.

Live as if there is no tomorrow!
The only goal is to be alive.
Open your heart to the treasure that is Me that is You.
We are One.

Do you believe this? Too bad.
Do you deny this? Too bad.
Poor Baby wants it all!
Oh, what will you do?

There is nothing else but Me.
Understand?


HAHAHAH and HOHOHO!

Peace - Mu made me write this - Michael

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


...you could try this.

Read a ton of spiritual books and consider yourself 'spiritually'
well rounded. Have a ton of beliefs that you know the answers. Go to
a ton of satsangs. Talk and write as if you know what the answer is.

This is called the path of being full of shit. Tons of it.

Then one day get a severe case of diahrea and lose everything. Become
empty and awaken! :-))

HAHAHAH and HOHOHO!

Peace - Love IT and Live IT - Michael

________________________________________________________________________________\
______

PHIL BURTON:

Free Will

"Will" is usually spoken of in the sense of a
force which determines a supposed future. In
other words, I *will* continue thinking and typing
until the e-mail is complete and sent. It implies
the personal subject as the agent of something to
be done. It is an interpretation. But I cannot
find anything in this moment which corresponds to
that meaning. In clear perception, things appear
and disappear -- there is no evidence of any will
which determines things, just the appearing and
disappearing.

In another take, concepts and interpretations of
"will" are results of mechanical causation, and
therefore invalidate themselves. A need arises to
"make sense" of things, and the concept comes to
be. Thought itself is a force of nature, and is
unwilled.

Phil.
________________________________________________________________________________\
______

JAN KOEHOORN:

BTW: do you know http://www.satsang.nl ? It lists all satsangs in Holland
(well, they try to). So everybody here who wants to attend, ..... :-)))))

love DUTCH

________________________________________________________________________________\
______

DAN BERKOW and GREG GOODE:


> Thought, of course tries endlessly
> and futily to verify its own existence as real,
> its constructs as true, its perceptions as valid,
> and its memory as correct. But if this self-enclosed
> loop is seen to be based on nothing except its
> own ceaseless self-referencing, then what is
> outside the loop? What *is* reality? Once "seen",
> the entire deck of cards collapses, body and mind
> drop.

When the loop is seen to be nothing but circular and self-enclosing, then
everything pops and drops, body, mind, thoughts, all appearances.
Actually, one of the first things to go (an early casualty), is that ol'
question about external reality!

Love,

--Greg
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Dan: Indeed.

The external reality is constructed
by the internal observer, and
the internal observer couldn't
self-perceive or construct "its"
perception except in contrast/relation
to external reality. As each
is needed to assume the other,
any inherent reality to them
dissolves when the "middle
way" is attended to. Thought-memory
and emotional-sensory processes
construed as reactions to external beings
and forces or internal states and needs are
dependent on the inner-outer
scheme of reality, so they have
no place to stand.

*Truly* there is no
external or internal,
yet there is the appearance of
external and internal through
mutual arising and co-construction.
Hence, language, culture, families,
lives being lived, deaths being
died, places to go,
things to do.

The intriguing question here is:
"how can this appearance of co-constructed
'interbeing' appear?"
There is no "where" for it to appear, and
any "how" is simply a construction
arising within and from the appearance
itself.

So, the answer is: poof! like this!

Yet it's this very "poof" in which "they"
seem to appear, in which "they" aren't!

So, as you say, "pop" and "drop" -
(that has a much better ring to it
than, say, "poop" and "droop" ;-)

Splash,
a frog jumps in the old pond.
(haiku)

Plop, plop
fizz, fizz

oh, what a relief
it izz.

(old alkaseltzer commercial).

Love,
Dan

top of page

 

Home Search Site Map Contact Support
 
 

Non-duality books

Specialises in book and audio resources on Advaita and non-duality

Awakening to the Dream

The Gift of Lucid Living.

"This book will be of great assistance to the seeming many." Sailor Bob Adamson
www.awakeningtothedream.comooooooooooo
"The Enlightenment Trilogy"
by Chuck Hillig
Enlightenment for Beginners Read the Reviews
The Way IT Is
Read the Reviews
Seeds for the Soul
Read the Reviews
www.blackdotpubs.com | Order now
"Pure Silence:
Lessons in Living and Dying"
Audio CD by Mark McCloskey
Highly recommended."
--Jan Kersschot, M.D.
Reviews | sample track | Buy Now
The Texture of Being
by Roy Whenary
"We do not need to search in order to find our true Being. We already are it, and the mind which searches for it is the very reason why we cannot find it."
Reviews, excerpts and ordering info.
oooooooooooooooooooooooo
For over two years this website has been hosted expertly by Experthost
~ ~ ~
Search engine sponsored by
Spiritually Incorrect Enlightenment