What is Nonduality
Experience Nonduality via Yoga Nidra
Starting February 1, 2018, Nonduality.com will operated by James Traverse.
Click here to go to the next issue
Highlights Home Page | Receive the Nonduality Highlights each day
How to submit material to the Highlights
#4410 - Friday, October 28, 2011 - Editor: Jerry Katz
The Nonduality Highlights - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NDhighlights
Correction: In issue 4408 I gave the wrong link for Jeannie Zandi's site. It should have been
Announcing the launch of
Undivided: The Online Journal of Nonduality and Psychology
The Nondual Wisdom and Psychology Institute (NDWPI) is pleased to announce the launch of Undivided: The Online Journal of Nonduality and Psychology at
This bi-annual journal will:
--Explore the confluence of nondual wisdom teachings and contemporary psychology with articles and offerings by leading teachers and psychotherapists.
--Include sections on traditional and contemporary nondual teachers and teachings, contemplative essays, clinical theory and practice, audio talks, video talks, poetry, graphic art, books reviews, and dissertations of note.
--Be interactive - allowing readers to comment on articles and, in most cases, blog with the authors for the first two months of publication.
--Be free at least for the first issue. We hope to be entirely supported by the generous donations of our readers. If not, we may have to rely on subscriptions or advertising with subsequent issues.
all articles undergo a rigorous editing process to insure
relevancy and excellence in writing.
Please sample our first issue and let us know how it strikes you!
John Prendergast, Ph.D., Editor-in-Chief
Nondual Wisdom and Psychology Institute www.wisdompsy.com
Greg Goode On
An interview with Scott Kiloby, Parts 1 and 2
This is an interesting Yelp review of the Science and Nonduality Conference 2011:
10/28/2011 First to Review
This was the first time
that I have attended the Science and Nonduality Conference and I
was impressed by all of the Western Buddha's gathered together in
the same place, at the same time. It was something akin to a
Western version of the Kumbha Mela but just on a smaller scale. I
am glad that I was present to see and to experience this.
It was truly amazing to be in the presence of so many beings who have a loving awareness, presence and energy. I found the whole experience to be beneficial, healing and uplifting. I especially enjoyed the spontaneity, carefree and open attitude of the majority of the participants. The impromptu conversations and deep philosophical discussions in the hallways made me feel like I was with people who were speaking the same language. I absorbed much from the presenters that was fresh.
I do think that the nonduality aspect of the Conference is being given more weight than the science side and that is problematical if we intend to create a new society based on new models and new technologies. I don't see "Enlightenment" as a panacea, as I think that we must address and solve the bulk of our problems through knowledge and practical applications, rather than through wishful thinking. I think that fresh philosophical, theoretical and practical models are possible but...we must get back to Beginner's Mind...scrap our assumptions and start fresh!
There are two main areas that I would like to see more fully developed at or through future SAND Conferences: 1. Methodologies for spiritual realization, and, 2. New Science and New Technology
Here is a list of some of the discussions/presentations that I didn't see that I would like to see at future SAND Conferences:
1. Cymatics - The Relationship Between Frequency and Form
2. Tao Te Ching and Nonduality
3. Richard Rose - Philosophy/Spirituality
4. G. I. Gurdjieff - Cosmology/Psychology
5. Walter Russell - Model of Reality
6. Albert Roy Davis/Walter C. Rawls - Theory of Magnetic Currents
7. Douglas Harding - Clear Seeing Methodology
8. Kundalini - Exploration of the Kundalini Process
9. Psychology as Physics - Is the Psyche Composed of Gaseous/Plasma Substance that is Formed by Magneto/Electro/Frequency Based Forces
10. Transmission - What is Spiritual Transmission and How Is it Effected
Additional subjects mentioned or suggested by other participants/presenters:
1. Syntropy - The Opposite or Corrolary of Entropy
2. Modeling - Better 3D Mathematical Models to Define/Describe Reality
3. No-Matter - The Concept of "Matter" as Unnecessary, False or Misleading
4. Single-String Theory - The Theory that Reality is One Contiguous or Continuous String
5. Nondualistic Language - Is it Possible to Make the English Language More Relational or Nondualistic?
6. Intimate Relationships - Do the Sexual Hang-Ups/Inhibitions Disappear After Self-Realization?
7. New Society - What Will A New Society Look Like?
I look forward to more collaboration in-between SAND Conferences and at the next Science and Nonduality Conference. I thank the organizers, sponsors, presenters and participants for making it what it was. Also, I want to especially thank the staff at the Embassy Suites, both the restaurant staff for good meals and the Hotel staff for a good experience.
Visit the Science and Nonduality site:
top of page