|Dr. Robert Puff|
Click here to go to the next issue
Highlights Home Page | Receive the Nonduality Highlights each day
How to submit material to the Highlights
Nonduality Highlights: Issue #4242, Saturday, May 7, 2011
Living is life's only purpose.
- Nisargadatta Maharaj, posted to ANetofJewels
Use your imagination not to scare yourself to death but to inspire yourself to life.
- Adele Brookman, posted to Distillation
When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands, flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty.
- John Muir, posted to Distillation
This moment this love comes to rest in me,
many beings in one being.
In one wheat-grain a thousand sheaf stacks.
Inside the needle's eye, a turning night of stars.
- Rumi, Quatrain 569, version by Coleman Barks,from Unseen Rain: Quatrains of Rumi, posted to Sunlight
I arise today
Blessed by all things,
Wings of breath,
Delight of eyes,
Wonder of whisper,
Intimacy of touch,
Eternity of soul,
Urgency of thought,
Miracle of health,
Embrace of God.
May I live this day.
- John O'Donohue, from Eternal Echoes: Celtic Reflections on Our Yearning to Belong, posted to SufiMystic
The pot in which I brew my tea
Is dented and more than a bit tarnished,
But I still enjoy the tea.
The house I live in
Needs a coat of paint and several shingles,
But I sleep well at night.
The body I use to live my life
Is wrinkled and slowing down,
But I am alive and I rejoice.
I am not the body in which I live,
I am the life itself.
top of page